Mariann Ilaria & John Stackelberg Present
Gated Oasis with Commanding Views! – SOLD
Experience spectacular coastal views, majestic sunsets, privacy and serenity from this contemporary gated oasis set on almost 5 pristine acres at the end of a private drive in picturesque Western Sonoma County. Bordered by an Agricultural Preserve to the west and south, the property affords stunning panoramas of the western Sonoma and Marin County hills extending all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Located about an hour north of San Francisco, the property is also just minutes to the charming hamlets of Occidental, Freestone and Bodega and just a short drive to the stunning Sonoma Coast.
The residence features a gracious open floor plan with over 3000 square feet of light filled interiors and breathtaking views from nearly every room. The main level boasts gleaming hardwood floors, a fabulous Great Room with vaulted ceiling, wood burning fireplace, wet bar and surround sound. The gourmet kitchen will delight any chef with top of the line appliances including a Wolf 4 burner range with convection oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator and wine fridge, Bosch dishwasher and gorgeous slab granite counters. There are 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths including a romantic master suite with wood burning fireplace, three closets and master bath with large jetted tub. The lower level has a family room, wine cellar and a 600+/- square foot bonus room with glossy concrete floors.
Enjoy the professionally landscaped grounds with rock walls, lovely plantings, an expansive deck for entertaining and patio complete with a spa and soothing Zen water feature. Bring the horses, relax, entertain and SAVOR the good life!
- 4.64+/- gated, private, useable acres at the end of a private drive
- Bordered by an Agricultural Preserve to the west and south
- Stunning views of the western Sonoma and Marin County hills, the Ebabias Creek watershed and the Pacific Ocean
- Seasonal creek
- Three pastures
- House perimeter completely deer fenced
- Professionally landscaped grounds feature dry stack design rock walls, redwood grove, stone statues, lovely plantings, expansive Mangaris premium hardwood deck plumbed for a gas barbecue, patio with spa, Zen water feature, natural stone benches, automatic sprinklers, drip irrigation and landscape lighting
- County approved for a new 5 bedroom septic system allowing granny unit addition
- Box stall (2 horse) with large paddock and smaller inner paddock,
- Rubber flooring and automatic horse watering corner system
- Fenced in Hayshed
- Separate storage/shop space 8’ wide by 40’ long
- Three water holding tanks (2000 gallon, 1000 gallon)
- Two car attached garage
- Metal roof
- Comcast cable service available
- Main residence with 3078+/- square feet
- Three bedrooms, three full baths
- Great room with vaulted ceiling, expansive view windows, transom windows, surround sound, hardwood flooring, wood burning fireplace, wet bar, brushed steel railing over stairs and ceiling fan
- Gourmet kitchen with granite slab counters, Wolf 4 burner range with convection oven, Wolf ventilator hood, built-in Sub-Zero refrigerator, Sub-Zero wine fridge, Bosch dishwasher, built-in microwave, hardwood flooring and dimmable track lighting
- Spacious master suite features a wood burning fireplace, vaulted ceiling, expansive view windows, transom windows, luxurious master bath with tiled floor and counter, dual sinks, large jetted tub, walk in shower and three closets
- Guest suite with full bath, vaulted ceiling and slider to deck and hot tub
- Family room with views and access to outdoors and bonus room
- 600 +/- square foot Bonus room with glossy concrete floors and slider to fabulous views
- Wine cellar
- Inside Laundry room with washer, dryer, sink and cabinets
- Two on demand water heaters
- Central heat, central vacuum
- Duplex water softener and purifier system
- 90 square foot +/- storage room with rough hewn cedar and exterior access
A farming community known for its apple orchards planted in Gravensteins and now grape vines, Sebastopol is a small family-oriented town of orderly older homes. Horses graze just a few blocks from Main Street, and cars brake for chickens brazenly crossing the road. The natural beauty, proximity to the rugged Sonoma coastline and Russian River redwood corridor, and off-the-beaten track location are just some of the reasons to buy a home in Sebastopol. To promote Sebastopol living, a series of walking tours lead by the Mayor take residents through local gardens, art galleries, downtown neighborhoods, and the Laguna Wetlands Preserve.
Close in to the Sebastopol business district, 100-year old Craftsman bungalows predominate. In the countryside, custom homes on properties with vineyards, apple orchards, redwoods, and streams are available. To promote the sustainably farmed loca-vore movement, Sonoma County Farm Trails, an agrotourism and farm-marketing group offers tours of farms, ranches, and vineyards around Sebastopol.
Schools in Sebastopol have achievement scores that consistently rank in the top 20th percentile of California public schools.
Showings by Appointment:
John Stackelberg - 707.479.4565
Mariann Ilaria - 707.953.5291